One year ago, we launched Kerrigan Reid to provide employee benefit consulting services for companies that value independence, experience, and collaboration. We have been fortunate to achieve our vision by partnering with innovative clients who collectively have more than 500 years of experience. Together, we addressed a diverse set of both tactical and strategic issues to improve employee benefits and reduce costs.
- Evaluated the active private exchange market with the development of overall benefit strategy and guiding principles, creation of an online, customized request for proposal, review of alternative benefit structures (e.g., traditional benefit administration, plan design), and analysis of medical funding arrangements, employee contributions, and gross/net cost implications;
- Provided onsite benefit department support including project management for multiple implementations (i.e., benefit administration, leave management, and well-being program), compliance (e.g., HIPAA, 5500 filings, ACA employer mandate, SPD, annual pension funding notice), employee communications, and supplier management;
- Saved clients over $9M in gross costs annually through health care strategy, program design, and sourcing (dental and disability/leave administration);
- Reviewed broker analysis on self-insured medical RFP on behalf of client and found carrier inconsistencies and errors that avoided a potential million dollar plus underestimate of cost with significant sourcing consequences;
- Authored articles on topics ranging from employee benefit data analytics to the implications of the ACA on health plan participation rates; and
- Provided a flexible work environment for our newest team member, consultant, and most-importantly a working mother.
Kerrigan Reid thanks all of our clients for the great opportunities to collaborate as well as all of the individuals who generously shared wisdom to make our first year a great success. We look forward to continued partnerships with our clients to find solutions to complex benefit issues.
For more information, contact Bill Kerrigan at email@example.com